Manufacturer: Next Limit Technologies
Product: Maxwell Render Suite
Platform: Win or Mac
Packaging: Electronic Service Delivery (ESD)
Suggested Retail Price: Please contact us for pricing
Demo Version:http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/maxwell_render_suite/download <
Local Instructor-led Training: Please contact us for further details
The Maxwell Render Suite software package provides a complete solution for those who want maximum image quality and full control of the Maxwell Render™ technology. The suite includes a series of standalone tools for Windows, Mac and Linux in 32 and 64 bits, plus FREE access to the full list of plugins (more than 15 CAD/3D platforms are supported).
image by Serkan CELIK
Maxwell Render™ is a recognized standard in architectural visualization, product design, interior design, film/animation production, engineering and other markets that require the best render quality. The technology behind Maxwell Render™ enables users to create materials, set lights and cameras, and render 3D scenes, all in a stunningly realistic and intuitive way, resulting in images that are indistinguishable from photographs. If you want to read the story behind Maxwell Render™, see the Maxwell Manifesto.
Simplify your work
- Use the same rendering technology across many 3D and CAD applications, sharing the same materials and textures.
- Standardize the process of creating high quality images through unique rendering product used by everyone in your office.
- Reduce time and cost of learning different rendering tools with different quality results.
Improve your speed
- Eliminate the costly trial-and-error tweaking of other rendering products to achieve the desired quality.
- Get full-image previews of your scene interactively using Maxwell Fire.
- Reduce dramatically the time spent in lighting and materials set up. People time is the most expensive investment!
Make it easier
- Don’t spend time understanding strange concepts like “number of photons”, in Maxwell all settings are natural real-world concepts.
- Experience the ease of use of a technology based on reality. Pick a light, set the wattage and that’s all.
- Apply your photography knowledge naturally, or even learn photography with Maxwell Render™. It’s the same!
- State-of-the-art render engine (Windows, Mac, Linux, 32 and 64 bits support).
- Seamless integration in more than 15 CAD/3D and post-production platforms - FREE access to all the [plugins].
- Maxwell Studio: sophisticated standalone scene editor with a full 3D environment- to compose, edit and render Maxwell scenes. An alternative workflow to the plugins.
- Material Editor: standalone material editor and browser to create and edit physically correct materials.
- Network tools: a complete set of network tools (manager, monitor, nodes) to distribute rendering tasks across multiple computers in a single or multi-platform network.
- Scripting editor: Python-based scripting editor with example scripts to create and edit Maxwell scenes.
- Digital Library: full digital catalog of more than 4,000 Maxwell materials to choose from.
- Free technical support from the Maxwell Render team via email.
- Perpetual license and free software and plugin updates within the same major version.
What's new in 2.6
- NEW! Hair rendering: Introducing a new procedural primitive for rendering hair- compatible with the most popular hair systems (Shave & Haircut, Maya Hair, Max Hair, Ornatrix, Cinema Hair).
- NEW! Particle rendering: New procedural primitive for particles- compatible with the most popular particle systems (RealFlow particles, Maya particles, 3dsMax).
- NEW!Support for Vector displacement.
- NEW!Much faster motion blur.
- NEW! Referenced MXS files: It is now possible to load references of MXS files in your main scene file, which are added only at render time, dramatically reducing export times especially for animations, and reducing scene transfer times when network rendering.
- NEW!Support for referenced materials has been added.
- NEW! Scripting: Maxwell Render SDK now includes a standalone python editor and scripting examples.
- IMPROVED! Displacement: A new, faster displacement algorithm
- IMPROVED! Big improvements in image processing, filtering and aliasing which enhances overall quality of the render.
- NEW! Advanced integration with RealFlow- allowing you to handle RealFlow output and generate particles and meshes in render time.
- NEW! Customer support centre for everything from tutorials and tips, to scenes and scripts
image by Patrice Siebenaler
Advanced ray tracing technology
The advanced ray tracing technology which forms the core of Maxwell Render's engine is so powerful that it is capable of simulating light exactly as it is in the real world. No tricks. Just real world physics.
Which is why Maxwell Render is the benchmark in render quality.
image by Dan Abrams
The Maxwell Material world
The Maxwell Material system is intuitive and easy to use, consisting of components that can be stacked, much the same as the layers in an image editing program. Maxwell Materials are based on real optical properties, creating unrivalled realism. And we have a library of thousands of free, ready-to-use materials.
Don't re-render, adjust lights in real time
The highly acclaimed Multilight™ feature removes the need to re-render an image when light changes are required. Multilight™ allows you to change the intensities of lights and scene emitters during and after the rendering process, so you can tweak the lighting set up over and over, saving out as many images of the same scene as you like-all from just a single render.
By Mihai Iliuta
Hair Rendering Tool
Maxwell Render's hair rendering tool is compatible with many of the most popular hair systems (Maya shave and Haircut, Maya hair, Max hair, Cinema hair, or Ornatrix). Hair systems are automatically converted to the Maxwell Hair primitive which is highly optimized in terms of memory consumption and speed, and of course, offers totally unrivalled quality.
Another hair example: http://www.maxwellrender.com/gallery/preview/technical/hairbacklit.jpg
By Brett Simms Imaging
Particles can be rendered using the Maxwell Render particle primitive, which is highly optimized in terms of memory consumption, speed and quality. Compatible with RealFlow particles, Maya particles and 3dsMax.
By Kurt Singstad
Down to earth and physically correct
The physical sky system in Maxwell Render™ uses a novel approach, offering a wide range of real-life, physically correct variables to control the look of the sky and lighting in your scene. You can control your position on Earth (location and time), the sun's aspect, and the atmospheric conditions.
By Paolo Velcich
Accurate blur effects
The hugely improved motion blur feature can now handle unlimited sub-steps and can be set for both a still camera to mimic long exposure effects such as trails of light, and a film camera to show the motion blur effect of fast moving objects.
From glare effects to water drops, maximum authenticity
Maxwell Render's SimuLens™ feature allows you to produce even more realistic, authentic images- simulate glare effects by setting the shape of the camera diaphragm, or add obstacles in the lens such as dust, water drops or fingerprints.
By Next Limit
Real camera mechanics
Unlike other render engines which typically use a simple pin hole camera, the cameras in Maxwell Render™ actually simulate real camera mechanics- complete with lens set, aperture settings and diaphragm blades. This allows Maxwell Render™ to automatically simulate depth of field or aperture diffraction.
By Eric Lagman
Maximum flexibility to adapt to any environment
Maxwell Render™ is compatible with Windows, OSX and Linux in both 32 and 64 bits. It can run in GUI and command line mode so it can be integrated in virtually any pipeline. The package includes an SDK in both C++ and Python languages with an editor and examples. The Suite package comes with free plugins for over 15 CAD and 3D applications.
Render with the power of all your computers
Maxwell Render's powerful networking capabilities are multi-platform, allowing for a mixture of Windows, OSX and Linux in the same network. You can set Maxwell Render™ to render one image using all of your computers, or set each computer to render one animation frame. Complete control and flexibility.
By Brett Simms Imaging
Render fluids in an easy workflow
Maxwell Render™ is compatible "out of the box" with Next Limit's RealFlow™ software, giving RealFlow™ users the option to use Maxwell Render™ as their render engine of choice.
By Matt Hermans - Fuel VFX
Save memory when rendering repeated geometry
Instances are a great way to save memory when rendering. You could have 1 real object and 10,000 instances of it, Maxwell Render™ will consume the same amount of memory at render time as if it was rendering only 1 real object. Instances are very suitable for creating vegetation, bricks, furniture or any other extensively repeated geometry in your scene.
Add fine detail to a simple mesh
Displacement is a powerful texture-driven tool that can help users to create real geometric detail on objects. Contrary to bump/normal maps, the displacement feature simulates real geometry at render time as if it were actually modeled. Maxwell Render has two methods for displacement: on the fly and pretessellated.
Windows (32 and 64)
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008.
- 2 GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 processor, Athlon 64 AMD or better.
- 1GB RAM minimum. 2GB of RAM memory is highly recommended.
- 400MB available hard disk space for installation.
- 3 button mouse recommended.
- x86_64 distribution with a 2.6 Kernel and glibc 2.5
- 2Ghz Intel® Core® 2, AMD Athlon 64 or better.
- X server with accelerated OpenGL drivers.
- 1GB RAM minimum. 4GB of RAM memory is highly recommended.
- 300MB available hard disk space for installation.
- 3 button mouse recommended.
Macintosh (32 and 64)
- Mac OSX 10.6 and up
- Intel® CPU
- 1GB RAM minimum. 4GB of RAM memory is highly recommended
- 400MB available hard disk space for installation
- 3 button mouse recommended
- Manufacturer’s Website: http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/gallery/videos
- Manufacturer’s YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MaxwellRenderLabs
- Mad Macs’ Youku Channel: http://u.youku.com/madmacs/