Product: Flamingo NXT
Packaging: Retail Box
Suggested Retail Price: Please contact us for pricing
Local Instructor-led Training: Please contact us for further details
Next generation rendering technology
Flamingo nXt was developed for designers. You don't need to be a CG professional to quickly present your Rhino model in the best light.
Results in a few clicks and a few minutes
In Rhino, just click Render to try the nXt defaults, or spend a few minutes to select a lighting scenario and add some materials before you click Render.
Flamingo nXt allows you to easily create stunning, life-like images in Rhino.
Easy to Use
With nXt you don't need to be a professional renderer to get realistic results quickly. You provide materials and lighting and press the Render button. nXt provides the simulation. Unlike many rendering products, there are very few settings to worry about or understand.
nXt produces realistic results by simulating light transport in your model. Indirect lighting as well as complex reflection and refraction can be easily incorporated into the simulation. Interior and exterior daylight simulations, HDR image-based lighting, and many other techniques are all handled easily, with minimal configuration requirements.
nXt uses efficient, modern ray-casting technology to produce results as quickly as possible. All processor cores are automatically utilized in parallel. Images are continually refined and improved over time.
Loaded with Extras
- Image Editor with support for multiple lighting channels.
- 3D Plant Editor.
- Render Farm support.
- Content libraries (plants, materials, HDRi).
- Pre-textured mesh support.
- Support for 3rd party texture sets.
- Default lighting presets for quick setups of common scenes
- Studio Lighting
- Exterior Daylight
- Interior Daylight
- Artificial Lighting
- Advance use of high dynamic range images for scene lighting.
- Free library of high Quality HDRI images for lighting.
- Soft shadows calculated automatically.
- Indirect lighting calculated enhancing depth in renderings.
- Lighting Channels allow you to edit light strength realtime without the need to re-render the scene.
- Automated daylight calculation based on lighting presets.
- Material templates for common materials
- Blurry reflections, control over Fresnel effects and reflection styles
- Accurate Transparency
- New Bump Mapping
- Normal Maps
- True Displacement Mapping
- Materials stored in model for easy transfer to others
- Drag and Drop material assignment
- Path tracing -
- Progressive render continues to improve effects each pass
- Less memory needed for models with many of the same block
- Alpha channel support for compositing in backgrounds or objects
- Tone mapping for brighter images
- Burn control - White point adjustment
- Post-processing - no re-rendering required
- Depth of Field
- Wires on/off
- Text on/off
- Adjust lighting channels
- Fractal tree generator
- Background rendering option allows modeling while rendering
RenderFarm (Network Rendering)
- Set multiple computers to rendering on image
- Distribute render to other computers while working
Localized interface (user selectable) and documentation in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Czech, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.
Flamingo runs inside Rhino 4.0 or 5.0 and has the same hardware requirements. Rhino with Flamingo runs on ordinary Windows desktop and laptop computers, with:
Suported Operating Systems
- Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- 1 GB RAM or more is recommended.
- Hardware requirements match Rhinos's hardware requirements.
- Multiple CPU cores will accelerate renderings are recommended.
- Video card speed does not affect Flamingo NXT.
- Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are supported. Running Macintosch hardware with Bootcamp and one of the Operating systems above is supported.