Manufacturer: Chaos Group
Product: V-Ray for Rhino
Packaging: Electronic Service Delivery (ESD)
Suggested Retail Price: Please contact us for pricing
Local Instructor-led Training: Please contact us for further details
V-Ray for Rhino offers visualization professionals a state-of-the-art solution that generates high-quality images of unparalleled realism. The plug-in works with Robert McNeel & Associates’ Rhinoceros, which is one of the most popular Windows-based NURBS modeling tools available today.
Rhino users in all fields - from engineering and product design to 3D animation - depend on V-Ray as a quick, easy and cost efficient way to render their most cutting-edge images.
Here are some of the key features of the V-Ray for Rhino:
- True raytraced reflections and refractions
- Glossy reflections and refractions
- Indirect Illumination (global illumination, global lighting). Different approaches include direct computation (brute force), and irradiance maps.
- Area shadows (soft shadows). Includes box and sphere emitters
- True HDRI support. Includes support of proper texture coordinate handling for both cubic and angular maps. Map your images directly without distortions or cropping.
- Fully multithreaded raytracing engine
For more details please visit http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray_rhino_features.html.
- Pentium, Celeron, or higher processor.
- 200 MB disk space.
- 512 MB RAM minimum. 2-3 GB or more recommended.
V-Ray for Rhino runs only on:
- Windows 2000 including server
- Windows XP Pro
- Windows XP Home
- Windows Vista*
- Windows 7*
V-Ray for Rhino will not run on:
- Windows NT
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- OS X or lower.
* V-Ray for Rhino does run as a 32-bit application on Windows x64.
* Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are not recommended.
* The use of imaged machines is not recommended due to the fact that the licensing is hardware dependent.
* Running on Windows Vista or 7 requires a user to right click on the installation file and select the option to "Run as administrator" at the start of installation.
* Rhino 3 and Rhino 5 are not supported.
* Currently we do not have a version of V-Ray for Rhino on the OS X platform. We have been in contact with Robert McNeel and Associates regarding the options for porting our Windows version of V-Ray for Rhino to Rhino for OS X. However, Rhino for OS X is in the work-in-progress phase and the official Rhino OS X SDK for third party developers is not yet available. We will continue to investigate our options to get V-Ray 1.5 ready for Rhino OS X after the official release of the Windows version of V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino. We will be sure to announce news on V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino OS X as soon as it becomes available.
Product Reviews: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray_rhino_reviews.html
Success Stories: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray_rhino_interview.html
- Manufacturer’s YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/ChaosGroupTV